Monday, September 26, 2016

Butter Cream Frosting to use with decorator tips

    I will be posting reviews for various cake and cookie decorating tips. I have received several sets of  regular piping tips, Russian piping tips, and Korean piping tips. They all look really great and they produce such beautiful designs. I don't know if anyone has looked them up, if not - you should. Want to see how a certain tip looks? Post a comment to let me know which one and I will post a video or at very least a picture.
    I wanted to share the Butter Cream Frosting I will be using for the videos. This is one that I like. It has an amazing flavor and holds well when using decorator tips.

  • 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
  • 1/2 cup (solid) vegetable shortening
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine (softened)
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract


Use a large bowl to beat the shortening and butter with an electric mixer. Add in vanilla. Gradually add milk.


Add the sugar slowly, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed until light and fluffy

For Pure White Icing (stiff consistency), leave out the butter. Substitute an additional 1/2 cup shortening for butter and add 1/2 teaspoon No-Color Butter Flavor. 

Cover the bowl with a damp cloth until ready to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment